SMOKE ALARM FEATURES
• Model ADC features a False Alarm Control which, when activated, quiets unwanted alarms for up to 15 minutes.
• This smoke alarm is powered by 120V AC and a 9-volt battery back-up source. AC/DC smoke alarms offer added protection in the event of a power failure or a drained battery.
• Unique power connector prevents interconnection with incompatible smoke alarms or security systems.
• This smoke alarm may be interconnected with as many as 11 other Firex model FADC, AD and ADC smoke alarms, or as many as 6 Firex model ADH heat alarms for a total of not more than 18 interconnected devices.
• Optional tamper-resist feature can serve as a safeguard against tampering. • Unique “battery missing” lockout. The smoke alarm will not attach to the mounting bracket if a battery is not in the battery pocket.
• Improperly connected or weak battery signal. The smoke alarm will sound a short beep about once a minute if the battery is weak or improperly connected.
• Separate green and red LEDs indicate that the smoke alarm is receiving AC power, working under normal operation, in alarm, or under false alarm control.
• Loud alarm horn—85 decibels at 10 feet—sounds to alert you to an emergency.
• This alarm incorporates the internationally recognized horn signal for evacuation. During alarm mode, the horn produces three short beeps followed by a 2 second pause and then repeats. This pattern is somewhat different than the previous alarm sound, which continually beeped.
• Test button checks smoke alarm operation. Model ADC also features a False Alarm Control which, when activated, quiets unwanted alarms for up to 15 minutes.
Red LED flashes until reset for quick, clear identification of initiating smoke alarm in interconnected system
Visible low battery indicator helps locate chirping unit
Front loading battery door makes battery changing simple, power link tab makes installation faster
False alarm control quiets unwanted alarms for up to 8 minutes
Interconnects with other compatible Firex smoke alarms and heat alarms